We have become aware of strange behavior when the Google Drive application is installed on Macs running OSX Snow Leopard (10.6.8). If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, these may be the result of running Google Drive on a Mac with Snow Leopard.
- Hearing 3 beeps during use of the computer.
- Random beeping from the computer.
- The computer becomes unresponsive and must be restarted.
It is unclear whether the problem is with Apple’s OSX Snow Leopard or with the Google software. Apple has offered up solutions, though neither are optimal for all users, and so far there is no word on fixes from Google:
- Upgrade to a later version of OS X, such as OS X Mavericks to use the Google Drive app.
- Consider uninstalling the Google Drive app. You should still be able to access Google Drive from the Google website (http://drive.google.com).
If you need assistance figuring out what’s right for you, or would like help with any of these solutions please contact the ProDesk at 610.896.1480 or email@example.com