Configuring the VPN through MacOS:
Before you get started, apply all of the critical updates for your version of MacOS. Software updates can be done through the App Store.
- Ensure you are first connected to the internet.
- Download and double click the Haverford Mac VPN Configurator.
- System Preferences will open and after a few seconds show “This profile will configure your Mac for the following: VPN Service”. Select continue.
- It will ask if you trust the sender, select continue again.
- Enter your credentials.
- Username – Use your Haverford username only (do not include @haverford.edu)
- Password – Use the same password as you would for your Haverford email.
- Click “Install” and enter in your computer / administrator password when asked.
Using VPN through MacOS:
When connected to VPN the Status in your menubar will read “Connected” and the “Connect Time” counter will begin.
Toggle connect / disconnect when you need to use VPN or when you’ve completed your session.