To prevent unwanted messages from reaching your email inbox, your Message Center spam quarantine filters all incoming email for spam, phishing, and virus-infected messages, before they reach your inbox.
Visit your Message Center at any time to review and retrieve quarantined email messages.
- Use a web browser to visit http://MessageCenter.haverford.edu.
- Enter your full Haverford email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) and Haverford email password to login.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I access my Message Center?
- How will I know when I have messages in quarantine?
- How long will quarantined messages stay in the Message Center?
- What happens to messages I have delivered from the Message Center?
- What happens to email I delete from quarantine?
- What if messages are quarantined that I want to have delivered to my email inbox (false quarantines)?
- What if a lot of junk email is still getting through?
- What if I don’t want my email to be filtered?
- Does this service allow someone else to read my mail?
- Can anyone else read my quarantined mail in my Message Center?
You will receive a daily email notification in your primary email inbox if any messages have been quarantined within the last 24 hours. You can also log in to your Message Center periodically to review your quarantined messages, deliver any legitimate messages, and remove junk messages.
Messages will be quarantined for 14 days, after which they will be purged from the system.
They are delivered directly to your email inbox and a copy is retained within the Message Center under the “Delivered” tab.
When messages are deleted from the “Junk,” “Virus,” or “Deliver” tabs, they will be sent to the “Trash” and will then be completely purged from the “Trash” approximately 2 days after deletion. If you would like to purge them immediately, click the “Delete All” button while under the “Trash” tab.
Under “Settings,” adjust your spam filters to a more lenient setting, and/or add senders to your Approved Senders list.
The filters block up to 95% of spam from reaching your inbox. Unwanted messages can still get through. Follow the suggestions below to maximize your filter effectiveness:
- Increase your settings. The more aggressive the filter setting, the fewer spam messages will reach your inbox. Please note that more aggressive the setting, the more carefully you should review your Quarantine Summary email to confirm that legitimate messages are not quarantined. If they are, add those senders or domains to your Approved Sender list.
- Review your Approved Sender List. Do you have other email addresses forwarding to this account? Check to be sure your email addresses are NOT on the Approved Mailing List.
Adjust the filters in your Junk Quarantine Settings: turn Junk Message Blocking to “Off.”
McAfee email protection processes messages in real-time as the packets flow through the McAfee network, and so legitimate messages are not written to disk before they are delivered to your inbox. This ensures that McAfee does not expose your data to hackers or potential loss of data. McAfee’s filters process all email without human contact to mail flow or individual messages.
Only you will be reading your quarantined mail. If you request support, your professional support staff may access your Message Center to provide assistance.