Installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus for home use on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (Kaspersky has yet to release an enterprise version that’s compatible with Windows 10. Please see our Software Download page for an alternative.
- Uninstall any existing anti-virus software, including previous versions of Kaspersky, before proceeding.
- Open a web browser and proceed to: http://usa.kaspersky.com/kav-offer
- Register on this page using the “Promotional Code” 850c1d7b1996 and click “Submit”
- You will receive an email containing a link to download the Kaspersky AV software along with an activation code.
- Once downloaded, click on the installer to install Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
- When prompted enter the activation code you received in the email from Kaspersky.
By default Kaspersky is set to pop-up ads from time to time. To disable these:
- Go to Start > All Programs > Kaspersky Anti-Virus and open Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Click on Settings
- Click on Additional and then Notifications
- Uncheck the three boxes under “Promotional Materials”
- Close the Kaspersky Anti-Virus console.