What is Panopto?
Panopto Focus is an easy-to-use lecture capture system. This software is installed on all the classroom computers on campus. You can also download it to your own computer.
Why use Panopto?
You can use Panopto to
- record your lectures so that your students can review them later.
- flip your classroom by creating mini-lectures for your students to watch before their classes.
- record your students’ presentations.
- record talks by guests.
What can you record with Panopto?
If you use Powerpoint or Keynote, Panopto creates a table of contents for your students, and also create a searchable index of your presentation. This allows your students to search your video presentation for any word mentioned on your slides.
Audio & Video
You can record audio and video from the built-in videocamera on classroom computers.
Sharpless Auditorium, Stokes Auditorium, Stokes 010, and Stokes 016 have a SMART Podium and build in camera and microphone.
In KINSC H109 and Stokes 004, you need to use a wireless microphone, which is available in the Podium drawer. There is a video camera mounted on the wall. You can control the camera from the touch panel on the wall.
You can capture a computer or tablet screen. This is especially useful if you use a SMART podium, which is available in KINSC H109, Chase Auditorium, Sharpless Auditorium, Stokes Auditorium, and Stokes 004 computer lab, Stokes 010 and 016.
Here is video showing how to use Panopto to record a presentation.
- Add a Panopto Link to your Moodle course
- Use Panopto Lecture Capture and Video in your Course
- Record Lectures and Presentations using Panopto
- Create an assignment folder allowing students to record presentations or upload videos using Panopto
- View student materials uploaded into the assignment folder
- Get statistics on Panopto recording use
- Install Panopto on Your Personal Computer
- Download a Panopto Recording from Your Course Folder
Instructions for Students
- Take notes in a Panopto Recording
- Create a Panopto recording in your Panopto assignment folder
- Additional Panopto Support Documentation
If you have questions or problems …
Please contact the Instructional Technology Services email@example.com for any questions.
You can also check our Panopto Troubleshooting Tips to find solutions to common problems.