What is Panopto?
Panopto Focus is an easy-to-use lecture capture system. This software is installed on all the classroom computers on campus. You can also download it to your own computer.
Why use Panopto?
You can use Panopto to
- record your lectures so that your students can review them later.
- flip your classroom by creating mini-lectures for your students to watch before their classes.
- record your students’ presentations.
- record talks by guests.
What can you record with Panopto?
If you use Powerpoint or Keynote, Panopto creates a table of contents for your students, and also create a searchable index of your presentation. This allows your students to search your video presentation for any word mentioned on your slides.
Audio & Video
You can record with Panopto from any computer with the Panopto software. However, recording quality is generally better in rooms with built-in video equipment.
The rooms are listed below are good for Panopto recordings:
Sharpless Auditorium, Stokes Auditorium, Stokes 010, and Stokes 016 have a SMART Podium and ceiling mounted video camera and microphone.
Sharpless S113 and S430 have a Qomo Interactive Pen Display and a ceiling mounted video camera and microphone.
KINSC H109 has a video camera mounted on the wall. You need to use the clip-on wireless microphone located in the Podium drawer.
You can capture a computer or tablet screen. This is especially useful if you use a SMART podium or Qomo Interactive Pen Display.
Here is video showing how to use Panopto to record a presentation.
- Add a Panopto Link to your Moodle course
- Use Panopto Lecture Capture and Video in your Course
- Record Lectures and Presentations using Panopto
- Create an assignment folder allowing students to record presentations or upload videos using Panopto
- View student materials uploaded into the assignment folder
- Get statistics on Panopto recording use
- Install Panopto on Your Personal Computer
- Download a Panopto Recording from Your Course Folder
Instructions for Students
- Take notes in a Panopto Recording
- Create a Panopto recording in your Panopto assignment folder
- Additional Panopto Support Documentation
If you have questions or problems …
Please contact the Instructional Technology Services firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
You can also check our Panopto Troubleshooting Tips to find solutions to common problems.