Haverford college uses Moodle as the learning management system (LMS) for academic courses. In addition, many committees, student groups, and other organizations use Moodle as well.
The information below will help you log in and learn more about the system.
New–as of June 11, 2013
On June 11, 2013 moodle.haverford.edu was upgraded to version 2.4. Learn what’s new.
There are several ways to get started with Moodle:
- Watch our Log into Moodle and Get Started video
- Read our Quick Guide to Using Moodle
- Go to moodle.haverford.edu and explore
Log in with your Haverford username and password (do not include @haverford.edu)
Design and Build Course Sites
All Haverford academic courses have course sites available on Moodle. These courses and enrollments are created automatically from our BIONIC information system. However, students only have access to course sites that teachers make available.
Learn how to create Moodle courses with the Creating Moodle Courses series. Creating Moodle Courses has several components, which are best understood when read in order:
- What’s in a Course Shell?
- Course Design And Settings
- Adding Course Content
- Making your Course Visible to Students — warning, you need to take action for this
- Understanding Course Enrollments
- Fequently Asked Questions (Moodle FAQ)
- Moodle Instructions, Tutorials, and Policies
- General Information about Managing Moodle Courses from Moodle.org