Haverford college uses Moodle as the learning management system (LMS) for academic courses. In addition, many committees, student groups, and other organizations use Moodle as well.
The information below will help you log in and learn more about the system.
New–as of May 27, 2014
On May 27, 2014 IITS launched a preview of the new Moodle version, Moodle 2.6. As part of the upgrade project, we split Moodle into two separate instances: moodle.haverford.edu for academic courses and moodlegroups.haverford.edu for committees, student groups, and other miscellaneous needs. Learn more…
Watch this short introduction to Moodle video to get started.
- Read our Quick Guide to Using Moodle
- Go to moodle.haverford.edu and explore
Log in with your Haverford username and password (do not include @haverford.edu)
Design and Build Course Sites
All Haverford academic courses have course sites available on Moodle. These courses and enrollments are created automatically from our BIONIC information system. However, students only have access to course sites that teachers make available.
Learn how to create Moodle courses with the Creating Moodle Courses series. Creating Moodle Courses has several components, which are best understood when read in order:
- What’s in a Course Shell?
- Course Design And Settings
- Adding Course Content
- Making your Course Visible to Students — warning, you need to take action for this
- Understanding Course Enrollments
- Fequently Asked Questions (Moodle FAQ)
- Moodle Instructions, Tutorials, and Policies
- General Information about Managing Moodle Courses from Moodle.org