On May 27, 2015 IITS launched a new Moodle version, Moodle 2.8. This new server hosts our courses for the 2015/2016 academic year and offers many usability improvements and a number of new features.
Changes for all users
The following features will benefit all users:
- Improved navigation within and between courses
- Responsive design to let you access materials from any device
- New text editor auto-saves entries, allows image drag & drop, includes a graphical Math TeX editor, more
- Accessibility features help you quickly resize fonts, change background colors, hear content using text-to-speech button, more
Changes for faculty and course builders
In addition, there a number of new tools and features for faculty and course builders:
- New Roster Report helps you learn student names
- Grade book has improved scrolling, single item editing, and a grade history tab
- Add questions to your Quiz in one step.
- New wiki and blog tools better integrate with course
- Upload videos from the Panopto lecture capture system
- Export discussion forums for off-line review and archiving
- Take attendance in Moodle and link attendance directly to grade book