The Language Learning Center is hosting a Technology Discussion Forum. The focus of this forum is the use of technology in foreign language teaching, but all interested faculty are welcome to attend. During the forum, I would like to briefly demonstrate some new features of Blackboard and some other new programs available in the Language Learning Center . The demonstrations will be followed by a discussion with faculty members who used these teaching tools this semester. I am hoping that this discussion forum will allow faculty members to share their experiences and thoughts, and develop some new ideas for the next semester.
Date: Wednesday, December 14th, 2005
Time: 10:00am ~11:30am
Place: Language Learning Center , Stokes 205
Hiroyo Saito, Director of the Language Learning Center “Blackboard features and audio programs”
- Blackboard: RSS feed, journal, team site, chat, assignment
- Audio programs: Dartmouth College Recorder, Audacity, Podcasting
The faculty discussion members include:
- Shizhe Huang, Assoc Prof Chinese & Ling CVStarr Professor of Asian Studies, “Speaking assignments using the Blackboard assignment tool and Audacity.”
- Takanobu Tsuji, Visiting Instructor in Japanese, “Speaking/ pronunciation practice using the DL recorder and the Blackboard journal tool.”
- Yukino Tanaka, Lecturer in Japanese, “Speaking and writing assignments using the Blackboard journal tool.”
- Roberto Castillo-Sandoval, Associate Professor of Spanish, “Writing using the Blackboard journal tool.”
- Ute Striker, Senior Lecturer in Italian ,“Discussion among students using the Blackboard chat tool.”
I hope everyone can participate and have useful discussion.