The Language Learning Center is hosting a Technology Discussion Forum for Foreign Language Faculty. This discussion forum will include presentations by foreign language faculty and discussion of pedagogical and technological issues. I am hoping that this discussion forum will allow faculty members to share their experiences and thoughts, and develop some new ideas for the next semester. The focus of this forum is the use of technology in foreign language teaching, but all interested faculty are welcome to attend.
Date: Thursday, May 4th., 2006
Time: 10:00am ~12:00pm
Place: Language Learning Center, Stokes 205
The faculty presentations will include:
- Kight, Duane, Assistant Professor of French, “Teaching Contemporary French Culture with Web Resources”
- Saad-Maura, Asima F, Visiting Assistant Professor of Spanish, “Latin Popular Music as a Teaching Tool in Spanish courses”
- Tanaka, Yukino, Lecturer in Japanese, “Students’ Video Projects”
- Koike, Yoko, Senior Lecturer in Japanese , “Effectiveness of Video-pal Project” and “Outcome of Semester- Long Pronunciation Exercises”
- Roberto Castillo Sandoval, Associate Professor of Spanish, Asima F. Saad-Maura,Visiting Assistant Professor of Spanish, Graciela Michelotti, Associate Professor of Spanish, Yukino Tanaka, Lecturer in Japanese: “Using Chat in Foreign Language Classrooms”
Hiroyo Saito, Director of the Language Learning Center, will discuss the following software.
- Snapz (video capturing software)
- Wire Tap Pro (audio capturing software)
- iMovie (video editing software)
- Audacity (audio editing software)
- Blackboard (journal, course documents, chat)
- Hot Potatoes (software to create interactive multiple-choice, short-answer, jumbled-sentence, crossword, matching/ordering and gap-filling exercises for the World Wide Web)
I hope everyone can participate and benefit from the discussion.