The Haverford College Information Resources through the Language Learning Center is hosting the semiannual Technology Discussion Forum for Foreign Language Faculty.
Date: Monday, May 12th, 2008
Location: Language Learning Center at Haverford College (Stokes 205)
The presenters are:
- Duane Kight, Assistant Professor of French, “Collaborative wiring using Wiki.”
- Aurelia Gomez Unamuno, Assistant Professor of Spanish ” Video project using iMovie.”
- Yoko Koike, Senior Lecturer in Japanese, “Student-centered Pronunciation Exercises.”
- Hiroyo Saito, Director of the Language Learning Center, ” Web 2.0 collaboration tools for Teaching.”
The tools that will be discussed include:
- Real-time collaboration tools, such as skype and orgoo video chat
- Social bookmarking tools, such as del.icio.us and diigo
- Digital storytelling tool, such as VoiceThread
- Google productivity tool, Google Doc.
- Image sharing tool: Flickr
- Microblogging: Twitter
I hope that you can join us and share ideas and experiences using technology in foreign language teaching.