The Language Learning Center, a part of College Information Resources, invites all faculty and staff to the semi-annual “Teaching with Technology Forum” on Friday, May 15th from 1:30pm ~3:30pm in the Language Learning Center, Stokes 205. This semester’s theme is “Digital Storytelling.”
Digital storytelling is a very effective tool to help students to engage with learning materials. It can be used in any subject. Come and learn about digital storytelling from some of your colleagues who have used it in their teaching.
Date: Friday, May 15th, 2009
Time: 1:30pm ~3:30pm
Place: Language Learning Center, Stokes 205
- “Helping students to engage with learning materials using Digital Storytelling,” Hiroyo Saito, Director of the Language Learning Center at Haverford College
- “Digital storytelling movement at Swarthmore College,” by Michael Jones, Director of the LRC at Swarthmore College
Faculty members who used digital storytelling will discuss their experiences and share some of their students’ projects.
The discussion contributors include:
- Ana Lopez-Sanchez, Assistant Professor of Spanish
- Aurelia Gómez Unamuno, Assistant Professor of Spanish
- Yoko Koike, Senior Lecturer in Japanese
- Yukino Tanaka Goda, Lecturer in Japanese