Instructional and Information Technology Services (IITS) at Haverford College is seeking applications for the position of Instructional Technology Specialist. The Instructional Technology Specialist will assist faculty in identifying, developing, and implementing instructional strategies, instructional software, and technology devices that support the advancement of teaching and learning in traditional and blended classroom environments at Haverford College. The position is a full-time, 12-month staff position and reports to the Director of the Instructional Technology Services.
- Consult with faculty about teaching and learning goals for courses and help faculty choose and implement the instructional and classroom technologies best suited to meet the identified needs and goals.
- Develop project plans for implementing a range of instructional technologies in a course.
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies and their ability to meet both teaching and learning needs, and collaborate with faculty and IITS staff to expand educational technology initiatives such as flipped classrooms/blended learning, iPads for teaching and learning, and active learning classrooms.
- Plan, organize, and lead workshops for faculty in the use of specific instructional technologies.
- Plan, organize, and lead workshops for students on various technologies.
- Collaborate with faculty to develop course assessments to evaluate pedagogical effectiveness and student learning outcomes of instructional technologies.
- Design and develop multimedia materials and simulations that align with learning goals.
- Combine learning theory, design practices, and technologies to assist in the creation of effective teaching and learning spaces, both physical and virtual, for the college.
- Work as a team member supporting the group, department, and college and provide the services needed.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or related field preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience in higher education supporting faculty to integrate various instructional and classroom technologies; including but not limited to
LMS (e.g. Moodle), tablets, Microsoft Office, Google Apps for Education, student response systems, lecture capture systems, smart boards, A/V systems, web conference tools, authorizing tools (e.g. Camtasia and Captivate), Adobe Creative Suite, web technologies, social media tools.
- Experience creating innovative learning solutions for face-to-face and blended teaching and learning environments.
- Face-to-face or online teaching/training experience.
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and assessment techniques.
- Experience connecting instructional technology to student learning goals.
- Knowledge of accessibility technologies and understanding of ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act).
- Experience with learning analytics, game design, simulation and other virtual platforms.
- Ongoing engagement with current and emerging instructional technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Strong customer service skills. Can-Do attitude. Attention to detail.
Haverford College HR