With all the snow, it is hard to believe that we are almost halfway through the semester and it is already time for midterms and mid-semester course evaluations. Did you know that you can use Moodle to get anonymous student feedback, and collect midterm research papers and other assignments–organized by name with timestamps?
Tomorrow, Friday, February 28, from 12:00pm to 1:00pm, Sharon Strauss in IITS will conduct a Google Hangout webinar on using Moodle for mid-semester check-ins. At the end of this webinar, you will be able to use Moodle for the following purposes:
- Understand options for gaining feedback from students
- Create effective questions for gathering useful informationReview and download results
Collect student assignments
- Understand options for distributing and collecting assignments (i.e. individual vs. group, private vs. peer review, specify due date, etc.)
- Specify desired assignment options and requirements
- Confirm date and time of submissions
- Review and download submitted work
- Provide confidential feedback to students
You can use your Haverford email address for Google Hangouts. Google Hangouts is a tool for live discussions with up to 10 participants. It allows you to video conference or share photos, screens, videos, etc. Hangouts can alos be streamed live to an unlimited number of viewers, as well as archived for later use, using Google Hangouts On Air.
If you have any questions or plan to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP is appreciated, but not required.