Networked printers should only be utilized by Windows systems that are connected to Haverford’s QUAKER Domain. All college-owned laptops and desktops should be connected to QUAKER, if you find this is not the case with your machine please contact the ProDesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or #610- 896-1480.
Connecting to a Networked Printer
The printers are categorized by the building name and location where they reside on our print server, PAINE (after the famous Quaker, Thomas Paine). Please utilize only those printers to which you have permission to print.
To connect to a networked printer go to the start menu:
- Go to your Start Menu and click in the Search field (or click Run… for Windows XP & Vista).
- Type \\paine.quaker.haverford.edu
- Press the “Enter” key.
- Find the printer you wish to add and double click on it.
- Once the printer installs, that printer’s queue window will open.
- To make it your default printer, right click on Printer and choose Set as Default Printer.
Networked printers are listed by the building name and the location where they reside.