Haverford provides wireless network access in many locations around campus. We are transitioning to one new wireless network for members of the Tri-College community:
- When you first turn on your system, look for HaverfordConnect. Join HaverfordConnect to get started with the new wireless.
- Open a web browser and run the software presented to you to connect to the right wireless network based on your affiliation.
Getting Started With Haverford Wireless
Connecting to the new Haverford Wireless is a fairly easy process. Follow the three steps below to get started.
Please remove McAfee and install Kaspersky Anti-Virus before you return. This is incredibly important. You’ll have a much easier time connecting to the wireless network if you do this before you leave home. Visit http://antivirus.haverford.edu to download the Kaspersky installer.
Update Your Computer’s OS.
- If you have a Mac, be sure you have Mac OS 10.5.8 or later. You cannot use the wireless with OS 10.4.
- If you have a PC be sure you have XP, Vista or Windows 7. You cannot use the wireless with Windows 2000 or any server operating system.
- Mac users with 10.5, 10.6 or 10.7 should run Software Update before they arrive.
- PC users with XP, Vista, or Windows 7 should run Windows Update before you arrive.
Once you’re on campus you’ll need to connect to the HaverfordConnect network. Reboot, connect to HaverfordConnect, open a fresh web browser and follow the instructions carefully. As long as you’ve installed Kaspersky and updated your OS before you show up you should be in good shape to connect to the network here.
Register your Computer
The first website you’ll be taken to once you’re finished with the steps above is the Registration website. This site allows us to know who owns each computer, in case there’s a problem. Follow the instructions to register your computer.